Welcome to The Lexington Minute Men
1. Bedford Pole Capping, Wilson Park 10:30 AM . In place at 10:00 AM
2. April 8, Sunday; Final Drill 12:00-1:30 PM; two drills required to qualify for the Green and 3 for powder.
3. April 8, Sunday; Reenactment Rehearsal 2-4 PM.
Mandatory attendance at rehearsal for all LMM to be on the Green.
4. April 12, Thursday, Buckman Tavern Meeting 6:30 PM;
Meeting in the Tavern for review of Patriots’ Day, and flag presentation. Food & drink in back room.
Patriots Day Weekend Events, April 14-16:
Fri.: Setup “No Parking” signs for Tower Park, 6:00PM
Sat.: Parker’s Revenge, 9:15AM on Common for 9:30 start
March to Parker’s Revenge 10:00AM
Wreath ceremony, 12:00 noon
Parker’s Revenge reenactment,1:00PM
Muster at Monroe Tavern, 3:00PM
Tower Park reenactment 4:00PM
Sun.: Old North Lantern Lighting, by invitation, 8:00PM
Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, 11:00PM for 11:30 start
Mon.: Posting of Picket Guard on Common, 3:00AM & 4:00AM
Insepction and powder distribution, 4:30AM
Old Belfrey sounds, 5:30AM
All Lexington Minute Men at assigned posts, 5:30AM
Battle of Lexington Reenactment, 6:00AM
Olde Burial Ground Ceremonies, 6:45AM
Lexington Sunrise Youth Parade, 7:30AM
North Bridge Reenactment, Concord 8:00AM for 8:45
Lion’s Club 5K Road Race at Common, 10:00AM
LMM and DAR Memorial Ceremonies, 10:30AM
U.S.S. Lexington Ceremony, 11:00AM
Lunch at St. Brigid’s w/ DAR, 12:00 noon
Paul Revere arrives, 1:00PM
Patriots’ Day Afternoon Parade, 2:00PM
5. April 18, Wednesday; Lexington Historical Society Battle of Lexington Reenactment.
6. April 18, Wednesday, Minute Man NHP, 8:00-8:45PM Lantern Procession, in place at North Bridge Visitors Center, Buttrick Mansion, at 7:45PM for procession to North Bridge and ceremony, Colonial kit.
7. May 4, Friday Colonial Days, Mill Pond School, Westborough; 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; LMM to set up small encampment, discuss conditions and experiences of the Minutemen, and demonstrate the manual of arms. Musket firing demonstration to be confirmed. 6-8 LMM in Colonial kit needed for this event. In case of rain, we would be inside with a reduced set up.
8. May 5, Saturday, Wm Diamond, Jr. Fife and Drum Corp Muster, 11:30 a.m. at MMNHP, for parade, posting colors, and opening event. 5-6 LMM needed in Dress Uniform
Patriots' Day in Lexington
Patriots' Day commemorates the Battle of Lexington on April 19, 1775. Since 1969 this day has been observed on the third Monday in April.
This year Patriots' Day will be observed on Monday April 16, 2018. The re-enactment of the Battle of Lexington will be held on the Lexington Green starting at 5:30am, the time of the original battle.
This year the Patriots' Day Parade will also be held on Monday, April 16th starting at 2:00 pm.
The Dress Rehearsal for the Battle of Lexington reenactment will be Sunday, April 8th at 2:00 pm on the Battle Green, Lexington Center. This is the dress rehearsal for the Patriots Day reenactment of the skirmish of April 19. 1775. Rain date: Saturday, April 7th at 2:00 pm
Patriots' Day is observed over a period of days before, on, and after the third Monday in April, with The Lexington Minute Men involved in the re-enactment and the Patriots' Day Parade. In Lexington we celebrate this day in high fashion with the reenactment of the Battle accompanied by civic events both before and after the reenactment. It is traditionally the beginning of the year for tourist activities in Lexington.
An excellent listing of all of the day's events in Lexington can be found at the Lexington Historical Society's Patriots' Day in Lexington web page. A listing of all of the events in the communities surrounding the Battle Road can be found at the Battle Road web site
Want to be a Minute Man?
We are currently recruiting new members for The Lexington Minute Men. Come and discover the fun and comradeship we share in volunteering to honor America's Revolutionary History through re-enactments, drills, and parades. Click for more information.
Patriots' Day 2017
Lexington Tea Burning 2017